Company: ENSPYR, LLC
Date Open: 06/20/2017
Date Closed: 08/31/2017
Job ID No.: UAE1204-1209
Job Title: Munitions Technician
Labor Category: Munitions
Location: Abu Dhabi, UAE
Work Schedule: Saturday-Thursday (6am-2pm), No telecommute
Clearance Req.: SECRET
Salary: Based on experience
ENSPYR, LLC has numerous openings for Munitions Technicians to provide contractor on-site support at Al Dhafra AB, United Arab Emirates. Apply now to this posting for immediate consideration.
Position Summary: The Contractor shall receive, store, inspect, test, transport, and maintain U.S. Air Force (USAF) Munitions, Munitions Material Handling Equipment (MMHE), and supporting resources as applicable to the Site. Operates Combat Ammunition System (CAS). Carries out all duties in accordance with established company and ISO 9000 Quality and Safety Standards.
• Consistently observes and enforces all USAF and host nation explosives safety, AFOSH, and security standards during all explosives and non-explosives operations in assigned sites and temporary duty locations.
• In the event of an emergency, takes necessary control and timely response actions.
• Conducts all munitions work according to established quality processes, identifying potential problems and recommending solutions.
• Reconditions, repairs, and replaces defective or missing parts of munitions and containers.
• Performs munitions storage actions according to the stringent explosives standards.
• Conducts warehouse inventories and corrects any discrepancies.
• Works closely with operations personnel to resolve any serviceability and accountability issues noted during warehouse operations.
• Prepares and configures munitions shipments for air, sea, and surface transportation.
• Uploads/downloads trucks/containers with incoming and outgoing munitions shipments.
• Assists inspecting munitions in accordance with 11A-1-10 and applicable technical orders.
• Assists inspecting munitions brass, residue, and containers in accordance with 11A-1-60.
• Operates assigned Combat Ammunition System (CAS) as is applicable to Site’s processes.
• Inspects, operates and performs maintenance on light vehicles and handling equipment such as, forklifts, pallet jacks, and manual hoists.
• Inspects and operates metal strapping equipment, stencil machines, heat sealers, pneumatic paint guns, air compressors and power tools.
• Inspects and performs minor maintenance on facilities and installed equipment. Cleans vehicles, equipment and facilities.
• Prepares and delivers general and explosives safety briefings.
• Performs other duties assigned by the Munitions Superintendent or senior supervisor
Important Notice: The above is a brief summary of job responsibilities and is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that a team member in this position may be asked to perform.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA):
• Must be a U.S. Citizen and possess a valid U.S. state driver’s license.
• Active U.S. Secret Security Clearance required.
• Must be capable of obtaining a host nation driver's license and passing host nation medical examinations.
• Knowledge of the USAF Supply and Tech Order systems.
• Computer literate.
• High school degree or equivalent.
• Four years’ experience on Military Munitions; combined experience on USAF storage, maintenance and inspection procedures, to include CAS, for Munitions and MMHE.
• Normal color perception and depth of vision.
• Physically capable of performing all required duties; capable of lifting 50 lbs and perform extensive work using handling/lifting equipment.
• Works necessary hours, to include stand-by duties, to support mission requirements during peacetime and combat contingencies.
How to Apply: After reviewing the position, please submit an MS Word version of your resume with a copy of your Verification of Military & Education (VMET) record. [Note: Please be sure to address all stated requirements of posted requisition in the resume that you possess. Resumes may not be considered if this is not accomplished.]
Enspyr offers for employment may stipulate that one or more requirements be satisfied before final commitment between candidate and Enspyr is established; namely, award of contract to Enspyr. Contingent requirements vary and may also include, but not be limited to additional factors (i.e., the position still being available after negotiations with the Government; final approval of your qualifications by the Government; or ability to successfully acquire and/or transfer a Security Clearance).
Enspyr is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We abide by the requirements of 41 CFR §§ 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that covered prime contractors and subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status or disability.
This Company is an E-Verify Participant.